Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Photobucket vs. Flickr

Well, I finally bit the bullet and transitioned my future image-hosting over to Flickr.  We'll see how this goes.

So far, I'm impressed with the fact that uploads are very fast and images are staying in the correct order within their set.  There also seems to be a lot more third-party support for Flickr, with regards to upload plugins and account management.  On the flip side, there's a bit of a learning curve - where Photobucket was designed for this sort of thing, Flickr seems a little more focused on self-inclusive "check out my photostream" sort of thing, and I'm not entirely sure how well it handles image linking.

I'll continue to host the archived images on Photobucket, but moving forward all new posts should be displaying links from Flickr.  Fingers crossed that this works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment