Friday, September 20, 2013

On My Sporadic Posting Schedule

Sorry, sorry.  I know things have slowed down to a crawl, over the last couple of weeks especially.  There are a few reasons for this:

  • I've been sick.  Like, crazy feverish throat infection sick.  It hit me on Sunday - Saturday night Heather and I went to some fancy-schmancy restaurant for her birthday, and the very next day I woke up feeling like hell.  By Monday I was a total wreck, running a fever of 101 which lasted about 48 hours, my throat felt like sandpaper and every joint in my body ached like I'd just run ten miles.  I was bedridden until yesterday when I dragged myself back into work, but I'm still not at 100%.  More like 65% at this point (which is up from the 52% I felt like yesterday).   
  • I've been busy.  I don't mean that in an "I'm too busy for you" way.  Believe me, I'd like nothing better than to focus on Apocalypse POW! for a couple of hours a day.  Unfortunately, the reality is that my department at work is staffed by a skeleton crew, and a bunch of things have happened in the last two months that have resulted in a massive backlog for me personally.  For example: I got married, which meant that I took two weeks off, and when I came back - much to my surprise - no one had done all of my work for me.  We also experience a yearly back-to-school rush around August and September, so that hasn't helped. 
  • Image-hosting problems.  Once again, Photobucket is giving me problems.  Their custom organize option is far inferior to the one their original site offered, and I might carefully order images for ten or fifteen upcoming posts only to come back to my Bucket the next day to find that ordering randomly shuffled, for no apparent reason.  It's really starting to tick me off.  So if anyone has any suggestions on how to transfer 800 unposted images, in existing order, to a different image hosting site, I'm all ears.

The good news is that much of this is now in the past, and I should be getting back to a slightly more regular posting schedule, assuming all the stars align properly.  By Monday I fully expect to be back in fighting form, our back-to-school rush appears to be slowing down, and while Photobucket is unlikely to fix itself in the near future, I'm sick of waiting for them to get their act together and I am looking at new image-hosting options. 

I have some good stuff lined up, so don't go anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment