Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Apocalypse POW!: Slow Month Edition

Hey everyone, I wanted to give you all an update on this blog's current status.

You may have noticed a lack of updates over the last week or so. There are a couple of reasons why things have slowed down, and will continue to be slow for the next little while.

To begin with, I have been SIIII-ICK. Started out as a brutal cold that's going around but developed into bronchitis. I started feeling under the weather last Wednesday; by Saturday it had developed into a full-blown misery storm. Thursday and Friday were a slog to get through, and then I had a long weekend which was utterly ruined. I came into work on Tuesday and lasted an hour before I had to go home, and while I'm back today and on the mend, I haven't much felt like updating (work itself has been difficult enough).

Secondly, though, and perhaps more relevant to how things will play out in the coming weeks: as you may have noticed, I use Photobucket as my primary image-hosting site. Paying customer and everything. I've had some trouble with them over the last couple of weeks, and today when I logged in, I discovered that I was being forced to abandon their 'Legacy' interface and move to their 'New' interface. This new interface, while promising "more control" in my image-hosting needs, has not yet implemented the ability to sort images in-album. Since I rely on this feature heavily to sort my pictures before and after posting them (primarily to ensure that I'm not re-posting anything) and there's no option to roll back to the Legacy interface, I am pretty annoyed. Not to mention the fact that my current library was "re-organized" in the transition, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I have it on good authority that this is a feature they're planning on re-introducing, based on the widespread demand. I have sent a very irritated ticket to Photobucket Support for good measure. But until I have the ability to sort my images properly, things are going to be slow around here. If I don't see any changes within a week or so, I plan on taking my business to Flickr or some other image host (whoever gives me the ability to sort things the way I need to). If I do that, though, we're looking at a transition time of a week or longer.

So basically, you might not see any updates here for a couple of weeks. Don't think that Apocalypse POW! is dead. We'll get back to our regular posting schedule soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment