Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heeeeeeere's Johnny

As you can see,  Apocalypse POW! is back on Blogger after an extended, two-month jaunt being hosted on Tumblr.  There are a few reasons why I've decided to forego Tumblr for Blogger:

1. Not once in the four years that either this blog or my previous blog, Copperpott's Cabinet of Curiosities, were hosted on Blogger did I run into time-out errors or "Sorry, our servers are currently overloaded" messages.  On Tumblr, this was a weekly - and often daily - occurence.

2. Tumblr is, at heart, an image feed, and its interface is designed around the idea of allowing members to quickly and easily post pictures.  Blogger, on the other hand, allows for a much wider scope.  It may not be as inherently user-friendly as Tumblr, but I'm accustomed to the way Apocalypse POW! functions on Blogger.

3. It's much easier to track visitor stats and page-hits on Blogger than it is on Tumblr.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not slamming Tumblr, because what it does, it does extremely well.  At the end of the day, I just felt like this blog's potential was being limited by the concept behind Tumblr, in that it's more of a collective, a social network of bloggers.  Blogger, on other hand, puts the focus on individual blogs and I feel more of a sense of creative freedom and less of a sense of obligation to simply reblog the interesting posts that I see there.

Also, take note of the fact that I've done a few redesigns here and there.  Most if it is just cosmetic, but I like the overall effect.

So in short... I'm back on Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment